Growing up in Washoe County, Mike learned the value of serving his community. For the last 20 years he has been a paramedic and firefighter. Currently he works for the Reno Fire Department, providing service to those who need emergency help.
He is married to another long time Nevadan. His wife Kristi devotes her time to working as a social worker and continues assisting children as a volunteer with the Child Assault Prevention Project.
Mike and Kristi along with their three sons love the outdoors and all the diversity our region has to offer. If the family happens to be stuck inside you might find them playing chess or working on art projects.
- Graduate from Washoe County School District
- Graduate from Loyola Marymount University
- Paramedic accreditation in both Nevada and California
- Member International Association of Firefighters
- Member Bud Beasley PTA
- Member Nevada Council for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
- Director, Bring Bri Justice Search Team
- Chairman, Fairness in Reno/Sparks Taxes Task Force
- Past Member of Sparks Chamber of Commerce
- Past volunteer for Covenant House runaway youth shelter, Los Angeles
- Past Chair of Board of Directors for Solace Tree, Reno
- Volunteer Washoe County Safe Kids Coalition
- Volunteer Sierra Youth Football League
- Volunteer Sparks Little League